City Valuation Advisory Limited Privacy and Cookies Policy
City Valuation Advisory Limited (“we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting [www.cityvaluation.co.uk] (the “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is City Valuation Advisory Limited of 23 Chiltern Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5QU. We are registered under the Act under number ZA116855.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from this Website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, and length of visits to certain pages.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If City Valuation Advisory Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
In order to improve the Website, we may use small files commonly known as “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as a ‘device’) from the Website and is stored on your device’s hard drive.
A cookie records on your device information relating to your internet activity (such as whether you have visited the Website before). The cookies we use on the Website won’t collect personally identifiable information about you and we won’t disclose information stored in cookies that we place on your device to third parties.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you become aware that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may request that we amend it. Any requests should be made in writing to us.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time by posting revisions on this Website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Last Updated: 15 June 2015